Happy New Year Loyal Readers! Welcome to the first posting of 2009. What an exciting year it has been!
Last night I had the pleasure of attending a New Year's Eve Party with many of my co-workers and friends. Everyone had a great time and what made the evening extra special was that the event was a fundraiser for the San Francisco Chapter of the Hopscotch Network.
All the proceeds from the event benefited the Drake Family whose 10 month old son Harry is suffering from Leukemia. Harry's hospital bills have recently reached over $2 million with $20K of that being out-of-pocket. It was an honor to know that our celebration was going to help a family in need.
So as we start 2009 I wanted to share my list of "Top 10 Favorite Just Jon" postings from 2008. These are the entries that I had the most fun writing! Please enjoy this trip down memory lane!
1. And We're Rolling. . . (Just Jon goes for a roll down the hill after a semi-successful hike in Tilden Regional Park)
2. On The Road Again (Part 2). . . (Just Jon and Wendy finally make it to the candy factory in Hilo, Hawaii)
3. Let's Push Things Forward. . . (Three words "Burberry Coat Girl")
4. I'm Gonna Wake Up. . . (Just Jon goes to the Madonna Concert...again)
5. Rolling Down The Road. . . (Just Jon rides the "Emergency" bus home)
6. Playing Games. . . (Just Jon pays tribute to his late Grandfather)
7. I Fly Like Paper Get High Like Planes. . .(Just Jon reports on Fleet Week 2008)
8. Hold On For One More Day. . . (Just Jon rides the 30x)
9. Gonna Make You Sweat. . . (Just Jon learns about booty sweat)
10. Sorry. . .(Just Jon makes his friends hike through the mud to get to brunch)
The Song Of The Day - Celebration by Kool & The Gang
very nice pictures, looking very handsome just jon. a nice party to go to and to celebrate by helping others. aaaahh yes my all time favorite just jon blog has always been, and we're rolling. many laughs out loud along with tears of joy.ReplyDelete
so we loyal fans all wish you a happy new year and to each of us too, and we shall continue to read your blog and laugh or cry or salivate (over the food blogs). thanks just jon.
This is Dad...Jon with 4 drinks in his hands ranks right at the top with him wanting to know who was playing football in 'his ballpark'.ReplyDelete
This is Dad #2.....To Erin and Sean: If I had your email address I'd have a few things to say about Grissom leaving CSI. If they stick to the science stuff I think it will be ok. Also, my KUNDE ESTATE shirt is by far my favorite shirt in the closet and is worn for special occasions. I should tell you about the time I wore it to the Scotch and Sirloin in the Ventura Marina.ReplyDelete
This is dad